Do you have a book that you self-published? Are you looking for every marketing opportunity you can get? The Self-Published Book Festival is now accepting submissions for the Book Fesitval and Fair, here at the Central Library of Rochester and Monroe County. The Fair will include the opportunity for self-published local authors to promote & sell their books, interact with the public, network with vendors and other authors, and attend workshops designed to help writers hone their craft and get ahead in the self-publishing business. This is a fantastic chance to get your work in front of hundreds of new eyes!
The Book Fair is a juried event. That means that the only way to get your book into the fair is to submit it for review by our Selection Committee. Here’s what you need to know:
- Your book must be self-published– both print and electronic formats will be accepted for consideration.
- Books must have an ISBN.
- Only new submissions will be considered – no re-submissions from the 2014 Self-Published Book Festival will be accepted.
- All genres are welcome, including books for all age groups. Bring on the SF, Young Adult, and Children’s books, fiction and non-fiction!
- Authors must be available to participate in the Book Fair on November 7th and/or November 8th.
- Must reside in Monroe County or surrounding counties.
Submissions are due no later than June 1, 2015, so get that book in the mail! Maybe this is the push you need to get your novel finished, or to make the last edits to your cookbook. Just be sure to send in your book by the deadline! Here’s what you need to do:
- Mail or deliver one hard copy of your printed book to
Carol Moldt, Literature Division
Central Library of Rochester and Monroe County
115 South Avenue
Rochester, NY 14604
- Email access to your ebook to SPBFest@libraryweb.org
- No matter what format you use, please make sure that your submission includes your contact info – Name, Email, Phone Number
Submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee and authors informed of the decision by September 1st.
Need more information? Leave your question in the comments, or email us directly at SPBFest@libraryweb.org.
The Self-Published Book Festival is made possible by a grant from the Harold Hacker Fund for the Advancement of Libraries, the Rochester Regional Library Council, and the Friends and Foundation of the Rochester Public Library.