Here are some frequently asked questions about the Self-Published Book Festival. If you don’t see your question below, please feel free to leave a comment or send us an email!
Do I have to be a resident of Monroe County to be eligible?
- No. We will also accept submissions from residents of Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, and Wayne Counties.
How do I submit an ebook?
- Please email your book to email@example.com as a PDF or Word document.
Do you accept art and photography books?
- Yes! We accept all subjects and formats as long as the book meets the other criteria (self-published, ISBN, etc.)
How do I know my submission has been received?
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to confirm receipt of your book.
I will not be available to attend the Book Fair. Can I still submit my book?
- Yes; if your book is selected, you can send a representative to the Book Fair in your place.
Will my book be returned to me?
- Yes. Your book will be available for pickup at the Central Library after September 1st.
Can I submit more than one book?
- Yes, you may submit up to three books. But remember that you may not resubmit these books for future festivals.
My ebook, sold by Amazon, has an ASIN, not an ISBN. Is it eligible for submission?
How many authors/books will be featured in the Book Fair?
- Approximately 30.